Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 2/22/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:30 p.m. on County Road C, Town of Hancock. Ana D. Calderon, 48, Hancock, was traveling westbound on County Road C east of County Road FF when she lost control on the ice-covered road and struck a mailbox and sign bellowing to Greenwood Rod and Gun Club. No injuries were reported.
• 2/23/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 8:37 a.m. on County Road W, Town of Mt. Morris. Brian Getchius, 33, Redgranite, was traveling northbound on County Road W when he began to negotiate a curve, lost control on the ice-covered roadway, entered the right shoulder, slid sideways striking a caution curve direction indicator sign, coming to a rest in the ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 2/23/18: A hit and run accident occurred at 4:24 p.m. on State Road 49, Town of Aurora. An unknown driver appeared to have been traveling southbound on State Road 49, failed to negotiate a curve in the road, ran off the roadway, struck a sign post and struck a tree and left the scene.
• 2/24/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9:40 p.m. on I-39, Town of Plainfield. Nathaniel Thomas Gehrett, 18, Stevens Point, was traveling northbound on I-39 when he reached the overpass for State Road 73, hit ice that formed on the bridge. Gehrett’s vehicle started to spin, making contact with the concrete bridge with the left rear corner of the vehicle causing damage. The vehicle continued to slide and went down the embankment towards the northbound on ramp. No injuries were reported.
• 2/26/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 7:20 p.m. on Chicago Drive, Town of Warren. Sara Julia Petersen, 21, Wautoma, was traveling eastbound on Chicago Drive when she lost control on the ice-covered roadway, causing her vehicle to go off the road and strike a tree. One citation was issued.
• 3/3/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 8:55 a.m. on Badger Road, Town of Leon. Jacob Carlson, 23, Poy Sippi, was traveling westbound on Badger Road when he struck a ice hole puddle on the ice-covered roadway. Carlson lost control of the vehicle, overcorrected to the left, swerved out of control across the eastbound lane of travel into the south ditch, across a lawn and driveway, and struck a tree causing the vehicle to spin around and overturn into another tree. The vehicle came to a rest on the driver’s side facing north. Suspected minor injuries were reported.