Waushara County Health News
March is National Nutrition Month which is a nutrition and education campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The purpose of the campaign is to spread awareness on the importance of making healthy food choices as well as developing physical activity habits.
There are many steps and actions we can take to help us improve our eating and physical activity habits throughout the day.
Some of the key messages of the campaign include:
• Eat a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
• Consider the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
• Buy only the amount that can be eaten or frozen within a few days and plan ways to use leftovers later in the week.
• Be mindful of portion sizes.
• Continue to use good food safety practices.
• Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.