Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 1/20/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 2:35 p.m. on Long Lake Road, Town of Saxeville. Sharon Thomason, 56, Wild Rose, was traveling northbound on Long Lake Road down a hill when she lost control of the vehicle on the wet road, started sliding and over corrected causing it to enter ditch and strike a large rock where the vehicle came to a rest. No injuries were reported.
• 1/22/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 7:25 a.m. on State Road 49, Town of Bloomfield. Cory Wagner, 40, Pine River, was northbound on State Road 49 towing an equipment trailer when the trailer began to swerve side to side and over turned. No injuries were reported.
• 1/22/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 2:41 p.m. on private property, Town of Springwater. Lorin Stewart, 80, Wild Rose, was attempting to back up in a private drive when the vehicle slid on ice and snow, then shifted and slid down a hill on private property and struck a tree where it came to a rest. No injuries were reported.
• 1/22/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 7 p.m. on Cumberland Avenue, Town of Aurora. Joseph Olvera, 16, Redgranite, was traveling westbound on Cumberland Avenue when his vehicle began to fishtail and began to slide sideways on the ice-covered roadway. Olvera’s vehicle then entered the north ditch and when it entered the ditch the rear axle was broken. No injuries were reported.
• 1/23/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 8:23 p.m. on Beechnut Lane, Town of Leon. Logan Schenkenbeger, 22, Redgranite, was traveling westbound on Beechnut Lane, which was covered in ice and packed snow. Schenkenbeger stated that when he went in to the curve in the road he turned the wheel and nothing happened, the car kept on going straight and crossed the centerline. Eric Weisensel, 29, Pine River, was traveling eastbound on Beechnut Lane when he said he saw Schenkenbeger in his lane and pulled the emergency brake to avoid a head on collision, causing the car to skid sideways. Schenkenbeger’s vehicle made contact with Weisensel’s vehicle. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.