Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 12/17/17: A two-ve-hicle accident occurred at 5:40 p.m. on County Road E, Town of Leon. Justin Dobrecevich, 36, Redgranite, was traveling eastbound on Buttercup Drive when he failed to stop at the stop sign and started turning left onto County Road E. Dobrecevich failed to yield the right of way to Timothy Trotter, 19, Berlin, causing him to strike Dobrecevich’s vehicle in the left side. Dobrecevich left the scene and Trotter followed him and notified the police of his location. The police went to location and did not make contact with anyone at the house. The vehicle was found behind the residence believed in an attempt to hide it. Dobrecevich’s vehicle was towed from residence on Dec. 21. The deputy had phone contact with the driver/registered owner and he stated he needed to get to the bathroom and did not see Trotter when he looked. He also admitted to not stopping completely at the stop sign. Four citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 12/17/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:45 p.m. on County Road Q, Town of Leon. Nicole Thomas, 37, Berlin, was traveling northbound on County Road Q when she ran off the roadway to the right, struck a mailbox, hit a driveway embankment, continued in the ditch, struck a utility pole, and came to a rest against the utility pole. Thomas was picked up from the scene and was not around when deputies arrived. The deputies were unable to make contact with the driver until after the fact when she called the sheriff’s office. Thomas stated that she unintentionally left the roadway and lost control in the snow-covered ditch. Four citations were issued. Possible injuries were reported.
• 12/21/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 11:33 p.m. on County Road TT, Town of Saxeville. Wendell Denniston, 57, Campton, KY, was traveling westbound on S. County Road A when he stated that he crested the hill and saw the stop sign. Denniston said he saw a car coming southbound on County Road E and did not think he would be able to stop his tractor/trailer in time so he accelerated through the intersection in an attempt to beat the other vehicle through the intersection. Frank Sacco, 57, Berlin, was traveling southbound on County Road E and stated that he saw Denniston quickly approaching the intersection and did not think that he would be able to stop in time for the stop sign. In an attempt to avoid impact, Sacco ran off the roadway to the right, lost control in the snow ditch and struck the back passenger side of Denniston’s semi-trailer on County Road TT, just west of the intersection. After impact, Denniston stopped in the west lane on County Road TT and Sacco’s vehicle spun in the roadway coming to a rest facing westbound in the south ditch on County Road TT. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 12/23/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 12 a.m. on Cypress Avenue, Town of Coloma. Christopher Zuehlke, 36, Coloma, was picked up from the scene and returned shortly after the deputy arrived. Zuehlke said he could not get traction to negotiate the curve. The deputy observed that the vehicle left the roadway and collided with a ditch and multiple trees. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 12/23/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 12:45 a.m. on Cypress Avenue, Town of Coloma. Westley Kelsey, 38, Reedsburg, was traveling down a hill negotiating a curve when his vehicle slid to the left on the ice-covered roadway and hit a tree. No injuries were reported.
• 12/23/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 11:09 p.m. on County Road K, Town of Springwater. Jordan Johnson, 23, Waupaca, was negotiating a curve on the ice-covered roadway when he entered a ditch, hit a stump and rolled the vehicle on its side. No injuries were reported.
• 12/24/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 12:01 a.m. on Chicago Avenue, Town of Marion. Melissa Untereiner, 24, Pine River, was traveling westbound on Chicago Avenue when she claimed that she swerved for a deer, went off the roadway in the curve and ended up in a cornfield. Untereiner left the vehicle at this location, walked home, and reported the crash about 10 hours later. Two Citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 12/24/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:10 p.m. at the intersection of State Road 21 and State Road 49, Town of Aurora. Jessica Sparks, 29, Green Bay, was traveling eastbound on State Road 21 when she slid through the ice-covered intersection at State Road 49, striking Auturo Enriquez Cruz, 44, Wautoma. Enriquez Cruz was mid-intersection making a westbound turn. No injuries were reported.
• 12/24/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 5:15 p.m. on 19th Road, Town of Marion. Samuel Krings, 17, Berlin, was negating a snow-covered curve on 19th Road when his vehicle could not make the turn and Krings lost control. The vehicle entered the east ditch, struck a pine tree, bounced off the pine tree and came to a rest. Suspected minor injuries were reported.
• 12/24/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 6:59 p.m. on Chicago Avenue, Town of Mt. Morris. Tasha Terry, 38, Minneapolis, MN, attempted to negotiate a left turn when she lost control, and struck a tree in the ditch off the roadway. No injuries were reported.