Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 10/24/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 4:03 p.m. on 5th Drive, Town of Plainfield. George Rohloff, 59, South Milwaukee, was attempting a Y-turn when Samantha Bautista Coria, 32, Hancock, was traveling southbound on 5th Drive and came over the crest and striking Rohloff. Possible injuries were reported. One citation was issued.
• 10/16/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 4 p.m. on State Road 49, Town of Bloomfield. Jennifer Beasley, 19, Suamico, was traveling on State Road 49 when she was looking at ther phone and drifted out of her lane and onto the shoulder. Beasley was unable to correct the vehicle back to the roadway prior to striking a driveway embankment. Her vehicle left the road and rolled over coming to a rest outside of the shoulder near the tree line in the west ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 10/26/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 4:30 p.m. on State Road 49, Town of Poy Sippi. Taylor Rhodes, 18, Berlin, was traveling northbound on State 49 when he realized he missed his turn, backed up into the lane of travel, entered a ditch and struck a cable box. No injuries were reported. Two citations were issued.
• 10/27/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 1:10 a.m. on Akron Avenue, Town of Oasis. Julia Gravel, 18, Coloma, failed to negotiate a curve and struck a large tree where the vehicle came to a rest. No injuries were reported. Two citations were issued.
• 10/27/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 8:30 a.m. on County Road A, Town of Bloomfield. Maria Kowalski, 60, Wild Rose, stated she was driving eastbound on County Road A when she observed a deer entering the roadway. She said she swerved to miss the deer and struck a mailbox in the north ditch, then tried to correct and entered the south ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 10/27/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9:15 p.m. at the intersection of State Road 21 and 13th Avenue, Town of Dakota. A deputy responded to a single vehicle accident where he found that the vehicle was traveling eastbound when its front passenger side tire went off the roadway and onto the shoulder. The vehicle began to spin and ran off the roadway into the ditch. The vehicle rolled multiple times coming to a rest right side up. The vehicle then caught fire and the operator, Scott Meyer, 54, Saint Francis, was found outside the vehicle. Fatal injury was reported.
• 10/28/17: A two vehicle accident occurred at 10:38 a.m. on 18th Avenue, Town of Dakota. Florentino Nino, 70, Wautoma, was traveling southbound on 18th Avenue when Kirsten Krause, 18, Wautoma, was backing out of a driveway and struck Nino’s vehicle. No injuries were reported. One citation was issued.
• 10/28/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 2 p.m. at the intersection of Buttercup Drive and County Road EE, Town of Leon. Heather Schimke, 30, Redgranite, was traveling eastbound on Buttercup behind Alexis Fergelic, 16, Redgranite. Fergelic stopped at a stop sign at the intersection of Buttercup and County Road EE when Schimke did not stop and struck his vehicle. Two citations were issued. No injuries were reported.