Waushara County accidents reported
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 10/8/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 3:38 p.m. on Liberty Street, Town of Poy Sippi. Aron Nelsen, 56, Pine River, was stopped at the stop sign and Jessica Krause, 33, Pine River, was stopped in traffic when Nelsen noticed that his hood was not fully latched, so he attempted to back up into a parking lot on the north side of Liberty Street. Nelsen said he looked but didn’t see Kruase behind him and backed into her vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• 10/14/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 7:29 p.m. on County Road S, Town of Mt. Morris. Rebekah Groskreutz, 21, Redgranite, was traveling on County Road S when she began negotiating a curve on the wet road and entered the ditch on the opposite side of the roadway. No injuries were reported.
• 10/19/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:40 p.m. at the intersection of E. North Street and State Road 73, Village of Plainfield. James Hoffman, 56, Nekoosa, was driving a five-axle loaded potato bulk agriculture heavy truck when he rear-ended Angelica Martinez Alvarado, 36, Wautoma, that was stopped in traffic making a left turn from E. North Street onto S. East Street. Hoffman stated he was a truck and a half length behind Martinez Alvarado when she had her turn signal on and braked to turn, he said he jammed his breaks and hit her. Martinez Alvarado stated she had her turn signal on for a long time, as she was afraid of the big turcks on the road and could still see him coming fast behind her, so she went to move and was rear ended. Possible injuries were reported. One citation was issued.
• 10/19/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9:05 p.m. on Dakota Avenue, Town of Dakota. Austin Zellmer, 18, Wautoma, left roadway attempting to miss a deer when his vehicle traveled through a corn field and entered a wooded area striking multiple trees until coming to a rest. No injuries were reported.
• 10/21/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 2:15 p.m. on 5th Avenue, Town of Hancock. Joshua Lockhart, 23, Hancock, was traveling northbound on 5th Avenue pulling a potato digger when Dean Thompson, 52, Grand Marsh, had been traveling southbound on 5th Avenue and pulled off the road to allow the farm machinery to go down the road. The potato digger Lockhart was pulling side swiped the utility trailer that Thompson was pulling. No injuries were reported.