Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 3/20/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 8:30 p.m. on County Road X, Town of Aurora. Debra Mirr, 58, Berlin, was traveling westbound on County Road X when it appears she had been traveling too fast around a curve, ran off the roadway to the right, traveled through the ditch, struck a tree snapping it off near the base and then struck a second tree and came to a rest. Mirr left the scene without reporting the accident and was unable to be reached via phone or at her residence. The deputy spoke with Mirr on the phone on March 23 in which she stated she swerved to avoid a deer in the road, went into the ditch and struck a tree. Three citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 3/23/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 2:25 a.m. on I-39, Town of Plainfield. Nakita Littleton, 18, Rhinelander, was traveling southbound on I-39 near the Archer Avenue overpass when she stated a raccoon crossed in front of her. Littleton attempted to avoid the raccoon and lost control of her vehicle causing it to cross the median striking the guardrail face on the northside of the interstate. Littleton drove back across the median to the southbound side of the road. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 4/3/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:07 p.m. on State Road 22, Town of Wautoma. Jennifer Peterson, 34, Wautoma, was backing out of a parking stall as Nancy Zettelmeier, 50, Plainfield, was traveling out of the parking lot past Peterson’s vehicle. Peterson failed to yield to see Zettelmeier and continued backing up, striking her vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• 4/3/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 2:23 p.m. on Apache Road, Town of Springwater. Jeffrey Wright, 56, Wild Rose, was traveling eastbound on Apache Avenue when he began negotiating a curve and lost control of his vehicle. Wright skidded and swerved, entered the right ditch, striking the first tree with his front right corner and then the back right corner of his vehicle coming to a rest in the right ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 4/3/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 11 p.m. on State Road 73, Town of Plainfield. A license plate was located at the scene of sign damage at State Road 73 at 4th Court and was dropped off to the Waushara County Sheriff’s Department by the Highway Department. Tommy Duncan, 53, Elgin, IL, spoke to the Waushara County Sheriff’s Deputy on the phone and admitted to turning onto State Road 73 from 4th Court. Due to snow-covered slippery road conditions, the semi slid forward and over the median striking the median sign. No injuries were reported.
• 4/5/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 8:50 a.m. on Cottonville Drive, Town of Marion. Ann Dittmann, 50, Redgranite, was traveling eastbound on Cottonville Drive when her vehicle slid on a patch of ice and went off the roadway into the trees. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.