Spring classes offered at FVTC Wautoma Regional Center
Fox Valley Technical College Wautoma Regional Center will be offering a number of classes throughout Waushara County this spring. The spring semester begins on Jan. 22. Enrollment is open now for these classes.
The classes offered include:
• Computer Software Classes: Microsoft Access Intermediate, Microsoft Ex-cel Intermediate, Microsoft PowerPoint Intermediate, Microsoft Word Intermediate, Microsoft Office Suite. The courses are online but students enrolled are eligible to use the computer lab and meet in person with the instructor at the regional center.
• GED/HSED: Fox Valley Technical Center offers preparation classes at the Wautoma Regional Center throughout the semester. First Steps to Success orientations will provide attendees with all the information needed to get started on your high school credential. Please call in advance to register for any one of the First Steps to Success Orientation classes.
• CPR: AHA BLS Provider CPR and AHA BLS Provider Update. These classes are offered Feb. 6 or April 10 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Theda Care Medical Center-Wild Rose. CPR-HeartSaver AED with First Aid, and First Aid Seminar classes are April 17 from 5 to 10 p.m. at Theda Care Medical Center-Wild Rose.
• Carrying a Concealed Weapon: This class is a Wisconsin Department of Justice sanctioned course designed to give you all the pertinent facts and information on carrying a concealed weapon in the state of Wisconsin. Upon completion of this training, you will receive a proof of training certificate that will assist you in applying for a concealed carry permit in Wisconsin. This class is being offered on Saturday, Jan. 27, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., or Tuesday, March 13, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Wautoma Regional Center.
• Ballroom/Social Dance: This class gives instruction for several partner dance steps including the waltz, polka, schottish, swing, fox trot and jitterbug. You must sign up with a partner for this class. This classes are offered on Wednesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. from Jan. 24 to March 14 at the Wautoma Fitness Center.
• Quilting Techniques (12 hours): This class focuses on basic techniques for designing and creating a quilt. Students will learn how to read quilt patterns and measure, piece, and machine sew a quilt. Specific techniques for enhancing the quality of quilting are included. This class is being offered Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on May 3 and May 10.
• Basic Small Engine Repair: This class covers the theory of two and four-stroke engines, taking an engine apart and putting it back together. This class is offered on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Feb. 24 to March 17.
There are additional courses available in the spring such as math, social science, communication and senior computer classes. For more information on these courses or to register