Information on Your Waushara County

The Waushara County Register of Deeds office is responsible for examining, recording, indexing and maintaining all Land Records, Certified Survey Maps, Military Discharge Papers and Vital Records.  The Register of Deeds office also assists the county’s Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist/Tax Lister.

The top two questions the Register of Deeds office receives are:

1. How do I remove or add someone to my deed/property?

Answer: In order to remove or add someone to a deed/property, you will need to have a new deed drafted and recorded in our office. We recommend that you contact an attorney to draft the new document, as they are most familiar with the current laws. In many cases, a Transfer Return (eRETR) must be filed with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue electronically. Both items (new deed and eRETR receipt), along with the recording fee ($30.00) and state transfer fee (if applicable) are then submitted to our office for recording.

2. How do I get a copy of the survey/plat/subdivision map of my property?

Answer: Copies of Certified Survey Maps, Plat and Subdivision maps can be purchased in our office or online by using our Land Records-Online Access. The first page of all documents is $2 and $1 for each additional page. Plats of Survey are NOT recorded in our office and can be purchased through the County Surveyor’s office. If you need assistance locating the map of your property, please do not hesitate to contact our office by email: or call 920-787-0444.


  To view more, please log in or subscribe to the digital edition.