Waushara County Accidents
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office are as follows:
• 4/4/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 2:21 p.m. on State Highway 49, Town of Aurora. Richard B. Moriarty, 68, Berlin, was stopped in the northbound lane of travel waiting to turn into R&M Motors Parking Lot. Moriarty was driving a loader towing and disabled dump truck. Paul Maas, 52, Berlin, failed to yield to the stopped vehicle truck Moriarty was driving and struck the dump truck in the front driver’s side. Two citations were issued. Suspected serious injury was reported.
• 4/4/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 8:42 p.m. on County Road E, Town of Warren. Pedro Obed Lezama, 19, Redgranite, was traveling northbound on County Road E when he swerved to avoid a deer. Lezama struck the deer and over-corrected his vehicle when he attempted to avoid the east ditch. He over-corrected again in an attempt to avoid the west ditch and entered the east ditch and overturned. One citation was issued. Suspected minor injury reported.
• 4/6/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 7:30 p.m. on County Road A, Town of Bloomfield. A deputy responded to an after the fact accident in which Kelly Scott Lind, Jr., 22, Wild Rose, stated he was operating on County Road A when he missed a right hand curve, which caused him to go off the roadway and strike a turn sign. Lind then launched his vehicle from the ditch about 15ft. back onto the roadway and left the scene not having a valid driver’s license. Three citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 4/9/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 2:26 a.m. on 9th Avenue, Town of Deerfield. Shane D. Houk, 30, Wautoma, was traveling northbound on 9th Avenue when his vehicle crossed the centerline, entered the west ditch, struck large boulders, struck a tree and was disabled coming to a rest. One citation was issued. Suspected serious injury reported.
• 4/9/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 4:07 p.m. on State Road 21, Town of Aurora. Glory Melotte, 19, Appleton, was traveling westbound on State Road 21 when she stated she believed a gust of wind blew her onto the shoulder of the road. Melotte attempted to correct and comeback onto the road when the vehicle skidded across the centerline entering the south ditch coming to a rest in the marsh. No injuries were reported.