Waushara County Accident Reports
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office are as follows:
• 5/11/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 11:39 a.m. on State Road 21, Town of Richford. Denise Seiler, 63, Reedsburg, was traveling westbound on State Road 21 and a witness vehicle was behind Seiler. When Seiler began to slow down and signaled ot make a left turn onto County Road B, the witness vehicle also began to slow down and left a large distance between his vehicle and Seiler’s. Margaret Malott, 53, Green Bay, decided to pass the witness vehicle in a no passing zone when an oncoming semi-truck appeared on the hill crest, past the intersection of County Road B. Malott cut back into the westbound lane and struck Seiler’s vehicle causing it to cross the eastbound lane and stop on County B. The witness vehicle pulled to the side of the road and Malott entered the north shoulder and through the ditch coming to a rest. Three citations were issued. Possible injuries were reported.
• 5/21/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 5:30 a.m. on County BB, Town of Oasis. Dayton Jones, 20, Plainfield, was traveling northbound on Alp Avenue when he stated he fell asleep and went off the road on the west side. The vehicle hit a driveway and went airborne and nose-dived into the front yard. The vehicle then spun to the left and came to a rest on its wheels facing east. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 5/26/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:59 a.m. on 21st Drive, Town of Mt. Morris. Martin C. Weasner, 42, Wild Rose, was traveling northbound on 21st Drive when he was reaching for something in the car and left the roadway striking the mailbox. No injuries were reported.
• 5/27/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 11 p.m. on Badger Avenue, Town of Rose. Jacon Laufenberg, 26, Berlin, was traveling north on Badger Avenue and failed to properly negotiate a curve. Laufenberg’s vehicle left the roadway and struck a guardrail then overturned in a pile of brush. Two citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 5/28/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 11:15 p.m. on Oak Hill Avenue, Town of Rose. Amy McMillion, 27, Appleton, failed to negotiate a curve on Oak Hill Avenue and struck a power pole and speed/village sign. McMillion’s vehicle overturned into the ditch. No injuries were reported.
• 6/4/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:35 p.m. on County Road E, Town of Warren. Michael Baird-Joseph, 19, Oshkosh, saw a piece of debris in the roadway and began to swerve to the south/right to avoid it. Dilan Schulz, 22, Berlin, was also traveling southbound and just behind and to the right of Baird-Joseph. Both motorcycles collided and laid down. Suspected injuries were reported.