Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 3/5/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9:30 p.m. on County Road A, Town of Springwater. Erica Richter, 19, Wild Rose, was traveling eastbound on County Road A. Due to the snowstorm, Richter lost control of her vehicle, entered the south ditch, and entered a small creek about 3-4 feet wide. The vehicle struck the creek bank on the opposite side, and, as a result, of striking the creek bank, Richter struck her head on the steering wheel. Suspected minor injuries were reported.
• 3/5/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:25 p.m. on I-39, Town of Coloma. Alex Schroeder, 21, Hancock, was traveling northbound on I-39 during a snowstorm. He stated he was doing about 30 mph when the rear end slid out and his vehicle slid down the embankment of the median and then contacting a tree with the front of the car. No injuries were reported.
• 3/5/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 11:57 p.m. on County Road C, Town of Deerfield. Natalie Neidhart, 35, Wesley Chapel, FL, was traveling eastbound on County Road C when she stated that she lost control of her vehicle in the snowstorm. She said her vehicle left the roadway and contacted a utility pole with the right front corner and the rear passenger door. No injuries were reported.
• 3/6/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 7:56 p.m. on State Road 22, Town of Dakota. Christie Pomahac, 42, Wautoma, was traveling southbound on State Road 22 when she stated that the vehicle in front of her tapped their brakes which caused her to tap her brakes. Pomahac’s vehicle started to skid on the slippery roads, hit a road sign as it slid down the embankment and then contacted small trees. Two citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 3/6/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:30 a.m. on County Road AA, Town of Rose. Andrew Henschel, 18, Wild Rose, was traveling southbound on County Road AA just south of 17th Drive when he lost control and rolled the vehicle onto the passenger side. Possible injuries were reported.
• 3/6/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 6:17 p.m. on State Road 21, Town of Warren. Bridget Person, 26, Green Bay, was traveling westbound on State Road 21 when she attempted to negotiate a curve on the ice-covered roadway causing her to cross over the eastbound lane and enter the ditch area where she struck a plowed field edge and spun 180 degrees. No injuries were reported.
• 3/8/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:09 p.m. on 27th Lane, Town of Warren. Erika Ahlf, 47, Neenah, was backing up an ambulance down a driveway when she did not see another vehicle parked in the driveway. Ahlf hit the right rear bumper of the legally parked vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• 3/9/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 12:45 p.m. in a parking lot, Town of Dakota. Catherine Sickels, 59, Wautoma, was backing up in an open paved parking lot when she struck a legally parked vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• 3/9/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 9:12 p.m. on S. Main Street, Village of Lohrville. Shania Schwantes, 21, Berlin, was traveling southbound on County Road EE while negotiating a curve she turned into the northbound lane and struck Robert Harding, 49, Berlin. The collision appeared to have been several feet left of the centerline of the roadway. Schwantes stated she was going around the corner and didn’t think she was that far over. Harding said she came around the corner and hit him and then she backed away pulling him forward and parked behind him. Two citations were issued. No injuries were reported.