Waushara County accident report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 1/26/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 11:16 p.m. on County Road NB, Town of Leon. Alex Bahr, 22, Pine River, attempted to negotiate a curve on County Road E when he encountered ice formed on the roadway. Bahr was unable to properly negotiate the curve and began to travel off the roadway striking a snowbank. His vehicle then traveled through the ditch and struck some brush. No injuries were reported.
• 1/28/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:55 a.m. on Cottonville Lane, Town of Dakota. Sharon Williams, 54, Wautoma, was traveling southbound on 17th Drive. As she approached the intersection with Cottonville Lane, Williams applied the brakes. The vehicle began to slide on the fresh snow, past the stop sign and across both east and westbound lanes of Cottonville Lane. The vehicle entered the south ditch before being partially immersed in the river where the vehicle came to a rest. Suspected injuries were reported.
• 1/28/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 4:43 p.m. on Archer Avenue, Town of Plainfield. Kathryn Janousek, 61, Plainfield, was traveling eastbound on Archer Avenue. As Janousek was traveling uphill on the ice and snow-covered roadway, her vehicle spun off the left shoulder and down an embankment, went over several downed trees and then struck a tree with the left front corner of the vehicle. No injuries were reported.
• 1/29/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:30 p.m. on Forest Drive, Town of Hancock. A deputy responded to a one-vehicle accident and located Scott Docter, 49, Dalton, at his residence as he walked home to report the crash. Docter stated he lost control of his vehicle while trying to slow for a stop sign on the snow-ice covered roadway. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 1/31/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 1:26 p.m. on 17th Lane, Town of Wautoma. Maria Caballero Olvera, 19, Wautoma, was backing out of her driveway and backed into Danielle Heiling, 28, Wautoma, who was traveling southbound on 17th Lane. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 2/3/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9:45 a.m. on Chicago Road, Town of Dakota. Christine Good, 16, Wautoma, was traveling northbound on State Road 22 when she lost control of her vehicle and entered the east ditch, knocking over a stop sign and road sign for Chicago Road before coming to rest in an east ditch. No injuries were reported.