Waushara County Accident Report
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office are as follows:
• 6/14/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 5:36 p.m. on County Road E, Town of Leon. Jason A. Guist, 42, Redgranite, entered the ditch then over corrected traveling left of center striking Gary M. Sorenson, 68, Pine River, who was traveling southbound. Guist continued northbound in the wrong lane of travel onto the southbound shoulder striking a mailbox, then continued through the southbound ditch striking a tree where it came to rest. Four citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 6/22/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 4:11 p.m. on Cumberland Road, Town of Richford. James Wayne Detlor, 27, Wautoma, was traveling eastbound on Cumberland Road when it gradually exited the roadway right and struck a black and white striped road sign and a concrete bridge barrier. Detlor’s vehicle spun across the roadway and came to rest facing southbound blocking the roadway. Detlor stated he was unsure what happened and did not have a reason for exiting the roadway. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 6/23/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 12:05 p.m. on the Covered Bridge Road at County Road A, Town of Springwater. Taylor Erwin Gilbertson, 22, La Crosse, was traveling eastbound on S. County Road A when the driver was unable to stop for a vehicle turning southbound on Covered Bridge Road. Gilbertson went around the second vehicle on the right, entered the ditch and rolled over. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 6/28/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 12:35 p.m. on State Road 49, Town of Bloomfield. Tracy A. Arellano, was traveling southbound on State Road 49 when she fell asleep, crossed the centerline and struck a ditch and driveway. Arellano’s vehicle then went airborne and landed in the ditch. One citation was issued. Suspected minor injuries were reported.
• 6/28/17: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 7:40 p.m. in a parking lot in the Town of Mt. Morris. Ann Marie Wrysinski, 70, Wautoma, was conducting a backing maneuver and backed into the driver’s side of another vehicle. Wrysinski advised she was using the vehicle’s backup camera, which did not warn her in time that she was too close. No injuries were reported.
• 6/29/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 12:35 p.m. on Cottonville Avenue, City of Wautoma. Cecil W. Featherston, 81, Wautoma, backed up and struck a vehicle in the parking lot causing very minor damage. No injuries were reported.
• 7/1/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 1:03 a.m. on Cottonville Drive, Town of Marion. Anissa Rose Schoenberger, 17, Wautoma, was traveling eastbound on Chicago Road as she approached the intersection with 19th Ave. Schoenberger negotiated a left turn to continue east on Chicago at the intersection and took too wide of a turn and drove off the roadway to the right and overturned onto its side. Suspected minor injuries were reported.
• 7/1/17: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 6:41 a.m. on County Road V, Town of Coloma. Brian Marvin Meyer, 56, Coloma, was traveling northbound on County Road V when he swerved to avoid hitting deer. Meyer entered the shoulder of the ditch line, was unable to pull the vehicle back onto the roadway and drove into the tree line striking a tree and coming to a stop. No injuries were reported.