Several accidents reported in Waushara County
The Waushara County accident reports recorded from the Waushara County Sheriff's Office:
• 2/7/18: A two-vehicle accident occurred at 8:22 a.m. on State Road 21, Town of Aurora. Joan Dehaven, 51, Berlin, was traveling eastbound on State Road 21 when he lost control on snow/ice-covered roadway, crossed the centerline, struck a dump truck driven by Bobbi La Pointe, 33, Sobieski, then struck a westbound semi-tractor/trailer driven by Adam Hoopai, 52, West Allis. Dehaven’s vehicle came to a rest in the south ditch. One citation was issued. Suspected serious injuries were reported.
• 2/8/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9 a.m. on Cedar Springs Drive, Town of Marion. Pamela Delap, 50, Oshkosh, was traveling southbound on Cedar Springs Circle downhill when she attempted to negotiate a right-hand curve. Delap stated she was traveling too fast for conditions and lost control, crossing the centerline, running off the road into the left ditch and striking a tree. Possible injuries were reported.
• 2/8/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 10:20 a.m. on Bannerman Avenue, Village of Redgranite. Dorene Werch, 55, Redgranite, was parked in the post office alleyway when she backed up from her parking spot attempting a Y Turn. As Werch was backing up from the stopped position, she crossed both lanes of traffic and struck a stop sign knowing it over. No injuries were reported.
• 2/10/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9 p.m. on State Road 152, Town of Mt. Morris. Shane Gutche, 32, Berlin, was traveling eastbound on State Road 152, exiting the curve to the left of center, entered the north ditch, struck two stumps and a tree. The vehicle was not present at the scene. The patrol deputy observed fresh vehicle tracks in the snow-covered north ditch. The deputy attempted to locate the vehicle and registered owner at the Trading Post Bar and Nordic Mountain Ski Hill, but was not successful. The vehicle was later located at Stag’s Repair and the deputy placed a number of calls to known relatives and received the phone number of the registered owner. Gutche admitted to being the lone driver of the vehicle and stated he swerved to miss a deer and crashed. Two citations were issued. No injuries were reported.
• 2/14/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 3:45 p.m. on County Road Z, Town of Marion. Kaitlynn Gilles, 22, Berlin, was traveling southbound on County Road Z when she crossed Czech Drive. Gilles stated that she was going 55 mph while going uphill to Czech Drive, then crossed Czech Drive and started downhill. She said that it felt like a roller coaster, which scared her. Gilles applied the brakes and the vehicle started to swerve, went on the right shoulder, then crossed the centerline, went into the ditch and made contact with a wire fence. One citation was issued. No injuries were reported.
• 2/16/18: A one-vehicle accident occurred at 9:26 a.m. on County Road G, Town of Mt. Morris. Lindsey Frater, 35, Wild Rose, was traveling northbound on County Road G when she began negotiating a curve and lost control. Her vehicle broke the ice on an ice-covered puddle on the inside of the curve, then struck the embankment on the east side of the road and overturned. Suspected minor injuries were reported.